Monday, November 23, 2009

Someone Who Understands Explain Christmas

I being only 12, have only had several Christmas's in my lifetime. They all seem to stay under the same genre, though this year I would love to convince my parents to go more traditional and make new traditions for our family. My family is the kind of go with the flow, easy type of people we're okay with a 5" plastic Ficcus of a Christmas Tree. Our Ornaments break easily and our from the 99 cent store, but I guess we only focus mainly on the presents. I mean who can't? Brightly wrapped, near the chimeny, bows, and ribbons and stockings stuffed with presents upon presents just for YOU. No Holiday can get better than this, besides Birthday's.

I've been trying to convince my father to get a real Christmas tree, even though it's only November. As he's inspecting the old one in the garage, the "leaves" are falling off of it. " I don't see what's wrong with it," he said putting the " leaf" back on it. " Looks about fine to me," he said grabbing his gardening tools. I role my eyes and put my hands on my hips examing the scrawny little thing.


" This doesn't even count as a Christmas tree, Dad! It's a ficcuss!" I said annoyed, " look at this." I said touching the tip of the tree, several leafs fell off.


" I f you keep doing that it won't make it till Christmas," he laughed shutting the garage door, we both walked out. I was still very angry about this, I mean I really wanted to have a good Christmas. I want a real tree, stockings, hot chocolate, gingerbread man, and television specials on the big screen television with my family! Is that too much to ask for? I would write a letter to Santa, but I'd be embarassed not to put it on my signature pink paper, which was low at the moment.


I went to go talk to my mom after telling her exactly what I want for Christmas, " A Free City sweatshirt like the one Dakota Fanning has, A Blackberry Pearl with a crystal case, Tory Burch Moccasins, and a Rodarte for Target dress." She ignores me because she's on eBay buying her Christmas gift, from herself, to herself. " Mammy, are you listening?" I asked waving my fingers in front of her.

" Can't talk, busy bidding on Pucci bra!" She repeats, and she won she turns to me and says. " Now what were you saying about The Jonas Brothers?" I grunted then walked out of the room.

" Nothing mom," I really won't be satisified without a real christmas tree. So when I'm doing my reading in Vogue the Decemeber issue i'm circling everything that is Christmas related, and sadly only one thing related to a Monorah. But there was tons of Christmas, Holiday things. I cut them out, glued them on a piece of paper and put them on a fridge leaving a note. " This is Christmas. If these things don't happen I migth revolt." Happy Holidays everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment